February 4, 2019 to February 5, 2019
8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Canadian Mental Health Association, Vernon & District Branch Conference Centre
3100 28 Avenue
2-day Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training – February 4 & 5, 2019 – Vernon, BC
$225 per person – subsidized rate available.
What is ASIST?
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training – ASIST is a two-day interactive workshop that teaches you to identify people having thoughts of suicide and who may be at risk. Attendance for the two full days is required.
Learning goals and objectives:
Over the course of the two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
* Understand the ways that personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
* Provide guidance and suicide first aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
* Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
* Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
* Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
* Presentations and guidance from two Living Works registered trainers
* A scientifically proven intervention model
* Powerful audiovisual learning aids
* Group discussions
* Skills practice and development
* A balance of challenge and safety
Location: CMHA Vernon Conference Centre, 3100 28 Avenue Vernon, BC
February 4 & 5, 2019 ~ 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. each day
Questions about the training?
Canadian Mental Health Association – Vernon & District Branch