December 3, 2018 to December 4, 2018
8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Canadian Mental Health Association Vernon & District
3100 28 Avenue
Vernon, British Columbia
ASIST TRAINING IS FULLY BOOKED. TO REGISTER FOR OUR WAIT LIST, PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW.
2-day Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training – December 3 & 4, 2018 – Vernon, BC
CMHA Vernon is offering a special one-time FREE ASIST Training. (Regular fees are $275 per person)
What is ASIST?
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training – ASIST is a two-day interactive workshop that teaches you to identify people having thoughts of suicide and who may be at risk. Attendance for the two full days is required.
Learning goals and objectives:
Over the course of their two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
* Understand the ways that personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
* Provide guidance and suicide first aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
* Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
* Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
* Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
* Presentations and guidance from two Living Works registered trainers
* A scientifically proven intervention model
* Powerful audiovisual learning aids
* Group discussions
* Skills practice and development
* A balance of challenge and safety
Cost: We are offering this course free of charge
* 2 day course training includes materials & a light snack
* please bring your own lunch
“This training is subsidized by CMHA & community partners.”
Location: CMHA Vernon Conference Centre, 3100 28 Avenue Vernon, BC
December 3 & 4, 2018 ~ 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. each day
Questions about the training?
Canadian Mental Health Association – Vernon & District Branch
REGISTER FOR ASIST TRAINING
Confirmation will be sent to the email address you provided.