CMHA is a great place to work! We have a positive and fair workplace culture, where staff are provided with opportunities for learning and advancement. We are also big believers in wellness and work-life balance.
If you care about mental illness and mental health and you have the right skills, then CMHA may be the place for you.
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
INTERNAL to CMHA BCGEU Members only
The Assistant Housing Manager will provide day to day coordination of a broad and diverse housing program to support tenants, residents and general operations. The Assistant Housing Manager is the main contact for tenants from application to tenancy and throughout their tenancy. Responsibilities will include being available on-call to assist tenants through emergencies, provide community resources for tenants and/or referring them to specific agencies. In addition, this individual will support and provide backup for the Housing Manager as required. The focus and goal of this position is to keep people housed.
Note: External Applicants may apply for the above positions but will only be considered after the close/end date posted and where positions are unfilled due to a lack of internal applications or adequate qualifications.
The Workforce & Operations Coordinator will report to the HR and Operations manager, assisting with processes and systems in the HR/Operations department, working with spreadsheets and updating data in relation to the organization’s workforce, policies and operational needs. This position will update policies & procedures to meet the needs of the organization as well as regularly review contracts, obtain quotes and report on operational requirements. Some of the duties include:
- Review and update all HR and operations (including the residential facilities) policies and procedures
- Report on HR/Operations metrics regularly as required, such as weekly, quarterly and annually
- Assist with full cycle recruiting
- Administer, manage and file project-based contracts
- Creating spreadsheets to support workforce and operational file management
- Research and recommend programs and solutions to continuously streamline processes in the operations department.
- Collecting data to generate reports on work volume, projected staffing needs and required skills
Under the supervision of the Manager of Rehabilitation Programs, the Recreation Assistant will:
- Assist with the planning and implementation of social and recreational programs with CMHA’s Wellness and Rehab Program
- Planning and participating in special events such as camping trips and the annual Awakening the Spirit Art Show and Sale
- Support and encourage individuals participating in the social and recreational activities to enhance their recovery
- Supervise various social and recreational programs and supports participants during activities
- Promote health and personal growth through leisure and recreation experiences, which contribute to physical, social, emotional and mental well-being
- Entering statistical information, creating spreadsheets and information posters
- Performs other related duties as required
- Assist in the planning and implementation of programs and strategies to assist and educate tenants in our subsidized housing
- Update the referral database
- Update tenant contact information
- Distribute promotional materials
- Attend community displays and meetings